Skip to main content
Pastoral Support Personnel
- An extensive range of specialist support personnel for a wide range of needs.
- Becoming an independent learner is the key to success in Sixth Form and also important preperation for next steps
- Students are required to spend about 15 hours outside of school time on their studies
- In addition to formal homework, students should:
- Review their learning
- Undertake research and background reading
- Act on teacher feedback
- Effective organisation is key - they should have a good folder systen and some way of taking an overview of their 'to do' list
UCAS and Careers (CDAS) Guidance
- Supporting informed decisions about next steps after Sixth Form through a wide range of events, opportunities and specialist support.
Financial Support & Guidance
- Supporting students and families who need help to ensure access to Sixth Form study as well as helping students develop their own economic well-being.
The most successful sixth formers will...
- Thoroughly complete their transition packs and hit the ground running
- Be here every day, taking part
- Communicate effectively with
- Mrs Watson and Mrs Drake
- Use study periods effectively, planning what to do in advance
- Use their planner effectively
- Have a filing system for their studies
- Be proactive when they have a problem
- Work very hard
Assessment & Reporting
- Students have completed initial assessments which are used for ensuring students are on suitable programmes of study
- Formal Assessments: w/b 19 November
- Year 12 Exams: w/b 29 April
- Progression into Y13 is dependent on passing Y12 Exams and passing all Y12 Vocational Units
- There are five reporting points during the year:
Parent & Teacher Meetings
- Four timely opportunities to meet face to face with tutors and / or teachers.
Sixth Form Planner -
Designed by students for students
- Learning Review pages for the holidays with tips
- Interim Review section (green) - parent signature
- Study aids (lilac)
- Future planning (peach)
- Parent's Evening Appt sheet (last page)
Employability Enhancement Opportunities
- Helping our students stand out from the crowd results in an excellent university offers rate and virtually every student moves on to employment or higher education.
- Friday lesson 1, every week, students experience a wide range of activities to provide awareness and education to equip them for life.